- App Store
Fixed Asset Packages updated
After an extended period of development, I am pleased to announce updates to all of the Fixed Asset Management packages. All three packages (Fixed Asset, Asset Depreciation, Asset Maintenance) have been updated to version 1.1.
The new versions include the following:
- Numerous minor bug fixes
- Removed deprecated function calls in advance of xTuple release 3.9
- Developed and tested with PostgreSQL 9 support. Please note xTuple version 3.8 is the first offically supported release on PostgreSQL 9.
- Numerous minor improvements to functionality and improved workflow
- Added the concept of Parent/Child asset relationships (see below)
- Added much better initialisation of asset depreciation for historic assets
- The Asset Maintenance release now integrates with the CRM ToDo and alarms for maintenance task reminders .
- All releases are synchronised on version 1.1.
- Universal installers for these packages have been developed so the 1.1 packages will install fresh or upgrade from any version.
- Updated the User Guides to this version.
You must install Fixed Asset 1.1 before upgrading the Depreciation or Maintenance packages. Please note the packages you download from the xChange include installer package(s) and PDF User Guides. You will have to first unpack the downloaded items with your favorite unzip utility to access the Guids and the installer packages whic you can then use with xTuple's installer.
Version 1.1 introduces the concept of Parent/Child Assets. At present this is used for illustration purposes only on the Asset List screen and on the Asset printout.
And in the Fixed Asset screen
There have been several comments that loading historic assets (those owned by the organisation for some time) and initializing depreciation was confusing. This release brings a new means to initialize the book value of an asset as of now and start depreciation only from the initialization point. There is a new Initialize Asset button which lets you define the current book value (can only be used once).
Which results in the below transaction. This transaction has no General Ledger implications.
Other than much stabilisation the big new feature in the Maintenance package is the integration with CRM ToDo's and alarms. You now have the option of creating ToDo reminders and alarms for employees assigned to Maintenance tasks. For those using the xtConnect package this has the added benefit of sending email reminders to those employees.
For those who have purchased Asset Depreciation and/or Asset Maintenance this is a free maintenance release. Please contact xTuple for access to the upgraded packages.
Wed, 05/02/2012 - 11:01#1
Updated User Guide
Where can I find the latest version of the user guide? I checked my account and the guide there is version 1.0.1. Also, where can I find the new version of the package?
Tue, 05/01/2012 - 18:54#2
All of the version 1.1
All of the version 1.1 packages have an updated user guide, including the free Fixed Asset package. The release 1.1 file that is downloadable from either the xChange or from the Commercial Downloads section is a zip archive that includes the Updater packages and the User Guide.
Hope this helps!
Mon, 06/04/2012 - 13:32#4
fixed asset duplicate
I am showing two different fixed asset choices in the accounting drop down menu, any ideas on how to get rid of the extra one? I am not sure how to add a screen shot of the problem.
Mon, 06/04/2012 - 14:23#5
This looks to be an issue with an upgrade.
To fix the double menu go to System -> Design -> Scripts. Make sure the Organise by Package checkbox is ticked.
Find the asset packages. There should only be one initMenu script. If you have more than one initMenu script then delete the script with the LOWEST order number. So if you have two scripts with the orders 1 and 2, delete the script with the order of 1.
Restart xTuple and the double menu will no longer be there.
Mon, 06/04/2012 - 14:29#6
I get the following. Error you may not delete scripts from packages. It also will not let me disable it either.
Mon, 06/04/2012 - 14:34#7
Couple of things
- First. Can you please let me know what Fixed Asset versions you upgraded from and to so I can identify where the problem came from.
- Second. Go to System -> Design -> Packages. Find the Fixed Asset package and go Edit. You will see a checkbox labelled Modifications Allowed. Make sure that is checked. You will then be able to remove the extra script as described earlier. Once you have done that go back into the package and turn off the Modifications scheckbox.
Mon, 06/04/2012 - 14:42#8
I show it as version 1.0.1rc. Second your instructions worked and the extra menu item is gone. Thanks for the help.